Oct 24, 2008

What does sincere and crack pots have in common

This morning as I read through my book of bible verses , first I realise there are so many to write about. So many times I have wanted to share what I read . Today I decided to write about being sincere . The word sincere comes from an unlikely beginning. In the middle east during biblical times, clay pots were a necessity . The clay pots were fragile , and sometimes a pot would crack. The clay pots that were cracked , would be patched with wax and sold as sincere. meaning "without wax " Hypocrites ,are "crack Pots". The pots were being pass off as something they were not . Being authentic means being sincere in the way you relate to others. This means letting people see you for who you really are. Jesus was totally authentic in the way he related to people. His sincerity helped to make him approachable and , reliable as a teacher and friend. I leave you with the thought of how are you sincere ? , did you know , love has to be sincere. If it isn't , it isn't love at all.

No comments: